The Destination Luberon Tourist Office is authorised to classify the Meublés de Tourisme (self-catering accommodation) on its territory and can help you with this process.
Destination Luberon has launched a new service for furnished-rental property owners. This new service gives them a single point of contact for the classification of their furnished accommodation, as well as advice on how to ensure a quality rental experience.
What is a meublé de tourisme?
"Furnished tourist accommodation is a furnished villa, flat or studio, for the exclusive use of the tenant, offered for rent to a visiting clientele who stay for a day, a week or a month and who do not make their home".
Tourism Code: art. D324-1
The advantages of classification
The classification of furnished tourist accommodation is a voluntary process, initiated at national level by the legislator, which qualifies the offer.
Here are the advantages:
The main principles of the classification
The classification stages
Based on these standards, the owner determines the classification category he or she wishes to apply for.
To obtain a date for a visit, the complete application must be returned to the Tourist Office with the following documents:
- The signed application form for a classification visit, together with payment by cheque made payable to the Trésor Public.
- Application for classification as a "meublé de tourisme" (cerfa n°11819*03)
- Declaration to the Town Hall (cerfa n°14004*04) or a copy if you have already been declared
- A duly completed and signed description of the property to be classified.
- The completed and signed confidentiality charter
The technical advisor undertakes to carry out the visit within a maximum of three months from receipt of the complete application.
How much does classification cost?
- Furnished accommodation with 1 or 2 bedrooms: €160** (€170** excluding LMV communes)
- Furnished accommodation with 3 to 4 bedrooms: 170€** (180€** excluding LMV communes)
- Furnished accommodation with 5 bedrooms or more: 180€** (190€** excluding LMV communes)
- Re-inspection: €60
These rates include the cost of travel and processing all or part of the classification application.
Discover our editions of the Luberon Heart of Provence to prepare your weekend and holidays: guide, accommodation, hiking...Order